At BrownBoots Interactive, we take personal satisfaction in pushing ourselves and our clients outside of the proverbial box, but more importantly, we understand that creativity must work hand-in-hand with strategy and be respectful of budgets. Our success in branding, custom web design, application development and all manner of marketing communications is a direct result of that balance.
We strive to enhance human interaction on the web, in print and beyond; to help our clients deliver effective, multi-channel marketing; to partner with wonderful, dependable people and companies; and to hone marketing plans to help clients achieve their goals.
We would like you to join the BrownBoots team as we continue to provide print, marketing, and interactive solutions to regional and national clients.
As a web developer, you will work closely with project managers and designers to come up with creative solutions for our clients. Once a strategy is in place, the project managers gather the content, and the layout or interface is created by our designers before it goes to development, where the programming and testing takes place.
We have many types of projects going at any one time. You may find yourself working on client projects, internal projects, support requests, or exploring new technologies and processes to make the business more efficient. We need someone with strong communication skills to work efficiently with our clients and the rest of our staff. It's also very important to understand and appreciate strong visual design.
- Bootstrap framework
- Photoshop (to create a page template from a given layout)
- Experience using Less or Sass / SCSS
- Experience using code quality tools like JSHint, CSS Lint, etc.
- Experience using Git & GitHub / GitLab
- Experience using package managers like npm, Bower, Composer, etc.
- Experience using build tools like Grunt, Gulp, RequireJS, Webpack, etc.
- Experience using PHP frameworks like Symfony, CodeIgniter, etc.
- Experience using Drupal
- Experience doing server administration in a Linux/UNIX, Apache and MySQL environment at an advanced level
Compensation & Benefits
BrownBoots offers health/dental insurance, SIMPLE retirement plan, fitness club membership, and paid vacation and holidays.
Salary is based on experience.